Fermacell provides simpler solutions for Shaftwall and Beam and Column Encasement.
- Impact – Severe duty, able to withstand impact from people as well as objects (door handles etc).
- Acoustics – Greater performance often with less layers than plasterboard constructions.
- Load bearing – The composition of Fermacell allows up 50 kg per fixing to be hung from Fermacell using a toggle bolt and 30 kg from a single screw.
- Speed of construction – Fermacell allows Fire Protection systems to be installed before the building envelope is complete. Due to the unique finishing system (FST) the overall installation of Fermacell is faster than plasterboard systems.
- Environmental – Fermacell Boards are manufactured from 100% recycled content and are recyclable. Decreasing the carbon footprint and increasing the BREEAM rating of the building.
BEAM & COLUMN ENCASEMENT
A 30 minute construction is achieved using a single layer of 10 mm Fermacell for beam and column encasement. Using only a single Hp/A rating, Fermacell’s solution is easier to specify. Due to the unique composition of Fermacell Boards the installation time of the encasement systems can be reduced by stapling the boards together or to timber sections and beams.
From simple fire rated independent linings to full Shaftwall solutions, Fermacell offers a range of performance systems from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Using simple stud systems and standard Fermacell Boards, without the need for any specialist board, the Fermacell Shaftwall system offers speed of installation, whilst retaining our excellent environmental credentials.